Events Planned in Tuscaloosa for Fire Prevention Week
Tuscaloosa Fire and Rescue Service is participating in Fire Prevention Month throughout the month of October.
Their them for the month is “Turn Your Attention to Fire Prevention.” Fire Prevention Week takes place October 10th-14th and Tuscaloosa Fire & Rescue has many different fire safety events planned throughout the City of Tuscaloosa.
Here is a schedule of next week's events:
- Monday, October 10th - At 10 am there will be a press conference held at 3212 19th Street. The conference will cover helping to build a habitat home with smoke alarms and residential fire sprinklers. Later that day Tuscaloosa Fire & Rescue will be working with Habitat for Humanity to construct a home from 8 am-4 pm.
- Tuesday there will be a smoke alarm blitz in the Skyland Park Community from 2-4 pm.
- Wednesday there we will be smoke alarm signups held at the Piggly Wiggly West End location and Alberta location from 2-4 pm.
- Thursday, Tuscaloosa Fire & Rescue will participate in the World of Works event at Shelton State Community College and will also hold their annual awards ceremony at the Tuscaloosa Career and Technology Academy from 6-8 pm.
- Friday - Each of the Tuscaloosa firehouses will be open to the public from 2-4 pm.