Watch Highlights from Alabama’s Last Trip to Vanderbilt in 2007
It's been a decade since we saw Alabama playing in Nashville, and a lot has transpired since Nick Saban picked up his first Southeastern Conference win.
The Tide and Commodores met in the week two of Saban's inaugural season in Tuscaloosa. Coming off a 52-6 win the prior week, Alabama rode that momentum into Vanderbilt Stadium behind junio quarterback John Parker Wilson.
The trip to Nashville was long before the SEC Network. It was back when JP Sports/Lincoln Financial had the SEC Game of the Week, which aired at the worst time possible: 11:30 a.m. You'll recognize Dave Neal on the call for this game in the video above.
A few of the highlights from this game included:
- Javier Arenas taking the first punt back 69 yards to the Vanderbilt 1-yard line. Terry Grant would punch it in for a touchdown one play later.
- Two-time All-American Mike Johnson made his first career road start.
- Freshman Terry Grant rushed for 173 yards and two touchdowns.
- DJ Hall was Alabama's leading receiver on the day (3 rec, 67 yards)
- Rashad Johnson picked off Vanderbilt quarterback Chris Nickson in the first half.
Alabama closed out Saban's first conference victory with the Tide, 24-10.